We'll start along the paths in the oldest public gardens and park in the U.S. Passing charming brick sidewalks and cobblestone streets, we'll learn about the golden rumor of the state capitol, see the most expensive real estate in Boston and the most photographed street in the country. Out on the Charles River, we'll run one of the most popular routes in Boston. We'll find out why the streets in Back Bay are so wide and well-organized--even though there used to be no streets at all, while traveling past the mansions and across popular Newbury Street. We'll run across the Boston Marathon finish line (a popular spot to stop for photos!), then through Copley Square by the architectural masterpiece Trinity Church and the oldest public library in America, ending in a local coffeeshop for a refreshing beverage of your choice.
• Boston Common, 139 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02111-1318
• Beacon Hill, Beacon Hill, Boston, Massachusetts
• Charles River Esplanade, Storrow Drive, Boston, MA 02114
• Back Bay, Back Bay, Boston, Massachusetts
• Copley Square, 560 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02116-3603