Talkeetna has skyscrapers of granite and ice instead of steel. Denali, Mt. Hunter and Mt. Foraker tower above the other peaks of the Alaska Range, forming our northern horizon. Cruise up the Kahiltna glacier, right over the climbers’ base camp at 7,200 ft., and wind between these giant peaks catching breathtaking views of Denali above and Denali's most popular climbing route, the West Buttress Route below.
• The mighty and stunning Kahiltna Glacier (2 miles wide and 45 miles long)
• West Ridge of Mount Hunter
• Beginning of the West Buttress Route, the most climbed route on Denali
• “The Great One”, Denali (20,320 ft.), Mt. Foraker (17,400 ft.) and Mt. Hunter (14,573 ft.)
• Mount Frances formally known as “Bergchen,” German slang for “Little mountain”
• The North Buttress of Mount Hunter - a 4,000-foot granite technical showpiece and world class climbing objective