With its iconic architecture, artistic treasures, and fashion shopping, Paris is synonymous with beauty and elegance. Attracting thousands of people for years, the French capital is better known for its historic monuments and cafe culture. In this food and travel guide for Paris, you will get to know more about the best time to visit Paris, must-visit destinations, and famous food spots in Paris.
What is the Best Time to Visit Paris?
The weather in Paris remains mild during the months between April and June. You will get similar weather in October and early-November as well. Unless you enjoy the crowd, you should visit Paris anytime except Summer. Accommodation and travel options become much cheaper during the months of December, January, and February.
How to Reach Paris?
Paris is well-connected to all the major cities across the globe. If you are traveling from another country, it’s best to arrive at the Charles de Gaulle International Airport. However, Paris has two more airports i.e. Orly International Airport and Beauvais.
How to Travel In and Around Paris?
The best way to travel in and around Paris is to use the metro. With the Paris Visite Pass, you can access the metro, buses, and trains, as per your needs. This pass allows you to access all the transport networks in Paris. A 2-day adult pass comes at the cost of €130.00.
What are the Must-visit Places in Paris?
Paris is the dream destination of many across the world. This glitzy metropolis takes pride in having iconic architecture, vintage places, landscaped gardens, historical monuments, and so on. Here are some of the places that you must visit during your trip to Paris:
1) Eiffel Tower: For those who travel to Paris, the Eiffel Tower ranks first in the list of places to visit. This tower borrows its name from the engineer Gustave Eiffel. It was built in 1889 and functioned as the prime doorway to the World Fair. This 1063 feet tall tower today opens 3 levels for the visitors. The Eiffel Tower remains open in between 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. throughout the year.
2) The Louvre: This popular art museum will amaze you with its grandeur. In this museum cum art gallery, you will be able to experience art from different times. Today it has different sections such as Islamic Art, sculptures of medieval times, Egyptian antiquities, etc. You will find Vinci’s Mona Lisa here too. The museum remains closed on Tuesday.
3) Notre Dame Cathedral: Being one of the most beautiful Roman Catholic cathedrals, Notre Dame has earned a reputation for its Gothic architecture. Visited by thousands of visitors, this cathedral is characterized by amazing sculptures as well as gargoyles. The cathedral remains open from 8 a.m. to 6:45 p.m. Don’t miss the Parvis de Notre Dame (the frontcourt) here.
4) Arc De Triomphe: This structure was built in the 19th century and is known for the engraved victory tales. This beautiful architecture will leave you amazed with its pillar carvings and sculptures. Don’t miss the spectacular view of the Paris city from the terrace here. Constructed to commemorate the imperial army, this structure today remains open between 10 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. throughout the year.
5) Montmartre: Located in North Paris, this hillock adorns itself with white-domed Basilica. Having inspired many sculptors and painters, this place is the perfect spot for those who are fond of art. You will be amazed to know that this place has inspired great artists such as Monet, Picasso, Vincent van Gogh, and so on. You can’t miss the Espace Dali and Places des Abbesses here.
6) Palace of Versailles: Standing as one of the most superior emblems of French Supremacy, this structure is huge. It embellishes itself with gardens, terrace, artwork, and so on. The best part is that you will be able to experience 2,300 rooms each of which has a unique design. You shouldn’t miss the Queen’s Chamber and The Grand Trianon here. The Palace of Versailles remains open between 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Where to Eat in Paris?
Where should you eat in Paris? It’s a tough decision to make. With so many restaurants available, you must try the best. Here are some of them:
1) Beefbar Paris: Located near the Champs Elysees, this restaurant is flashy yet laid-back which makes it perfect for both business and pleasure. The menu will portray the flavors from different parts of the globe. Whether you want to try French classics like juicy Chateaubriand or Japanese Kobe beef gyozas, you will get everything here.
2) Giraffe: Want to have a glimpse of the Eiffel tower while dining? Giraffe is built to cater to such needs. Adorned with 1930s interiors, this restaurant is known for its signature seafood dishes. In addition, you can satisfy your desire for sashimi or Sologne caviar too here.
3) Lasserre: Upholding French gastronomy, this restaurant near the Grand Paris Museum is known for offering old classics with a little sprucing. The best part here is that the roof opens here to let you dine under a sky full of stars. What you can’t miss here include crepes Suzette dessert and heather-stewed grouse.
4) Taillevent: Known for taking the French culinary to the next level with the help of chef David Bizet, this restaurant is known for innovative dishes. When you visit this restaurant, you must try dishes such as lobster bisque, mimosa eggs, etc.
5) Froufrou: Located near the opera, this eatery is tucked inside the Edouard VII theatre. Taking you back to the 1900s with its Parisian glamour, this restaurant thrives on dishes prepared by Juan Arbelaez. You must try crispy lardons, pasta shell, and buttery seared garlicky cuttlefish here.
6) Ducasse sur Seine: This restaurant on electronic boat glides on the river Seine. All courses here are made by the executive chef Francis Fauvel. You must not miss the purple artichokes or the corn-fed chicken in herb butter here,
So, here is an exclusive food and travel guide for Paris! If you wish to explore more of Paris, head to the city with amazing deals from Skybooker.com! Hurry, pack your bags and leave for your Parisian vacation.
If you are all excited to travel now, then check out Skybooker.com and get some amazing deals on both flights and hotels. Hurry, go book now!